This policy applies to information we hold about you. By ‘information’ we mean personal and financial information about you that we collect, use, share and store. Evolution Funding Limited (and its associated trading styles) may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
How We Use Your Information – GDPR Privacy Statement for Evolution Funding Limited
Evolution Funding Limited (T/A Mike Brewer Motors, Alton Trucks, Evogo)
|Head Office Address:||Thompson Close, Chesterfield, S419AZ|
|Telephone Number:||01246 458 800|
|ICO Registration Number:||ZA481166|
Why we need Customer InformationWe need to know your personal data in order to provide you with the goods/services you are applying for. If you do not provide this information, then we will be unable to provide the goods/services advertised. We will not collect any information from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the goods/services you are applying for.
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your InformationWe collect your information to provide our services to you and to help us develop new and improved products and services to meet our customers’ needs. You as the data subject have given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes. We also use your information to carry out checks for security, to prevent fraud and money laundering, to check your identity before we provide services to you, for training, and to communicate with you. We may use automated processes whenever we use your information.
Data protection law allows us to use personal information for our genuine and legitimate reasons as long as we respect your rights and freedoms. This lawful basis for using your information is called ‘legitimate interests’. When we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes set out above, we will carefully consider and balance any possible effect this may have on you and your rights.
What we will do with customers’ informationAll the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff and systems in the United Kingdom. Your information may be passed to third parties, where required, to provide the goods/services you have applied for, as well as where there is a legal obligation for us to provide third parties with this information e.g. The FCA or The Police, to prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute fraud and alleged fraud, money laundering and other crimes, and to confirm your identity.
We will use your data to process your application for goods/services provided by Evolution Funding. This processing will include some or all of the below:
- We use automatic decisions as part of our process, as do some of the finance companies that your application may be sent to.
- This will involve automatically requesting information from CRAs and using this data along with the other data provided to assess your suitability for the goods/services requested.
- To request a manual review of your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We and external lenders on our panel will search your record at credit reference agencies. The record of our search will NOT be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future, unless you take up an offer of credit from a subsidiary or linked company of Evolution Funding Limited. However, searches made by external lenders on our panel may show depending on the type of search they use.
- If you are an owner, director or partner in a business, we may also check on your business. We will also check on any proposed guarantor, so you must have their permission to disclose their information.
- If you enter into an agreement with us, or one of the external lenders on our panel, information on this agreement will be passed to the CRAs. Information remains on file for 6 years after the account is closed.
- The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found by clicking here.
- The Credit Reference Agencies we use are:
- Experian – www.experian.co.uk
- Equifax – www.equifax.co.uk
- Call Credit – www.callcredit.co.uk
- Creditsafe – www.creditsafe.co.uk
- CIFAS checks will be undertaken by finance companies as part of their underwriting
Passing to Finance Companies for them to underwrite your application.
- Your application may be passed to more than one finance company in order for us to obtain the most appropriate and suitable offer to your personal circumstances.
- Suitable lenders are identified by either one or both of:
- Proprietary Credit Scoring and Analysis technology
- Manual underwriters reviewing applications
- To view a full list of our finance partners please click here. Your application may be sent to a selection of lenders on this list, lender selection is based on a large number of criteria including but not limited to; information on credit files, proposal and affordability data, the vehicle the application is made against etc.
- We may conduct after transaction surveys, via an independent third-party survey company. Some of your data may be passed to this company to allow us to improve our products and services
- We use a third-party email marketing company to run marketing campaigns. If you consent to us marketing you, and we run a marketing campaign, some of your data may be passed to this provider.
- To handle enquiries and complaints, where it's in our legitimate interests to make sure that complaints are investigated, for example, so that our customers receive a high standard of service and so that we can prevent future complaints.
- To transfer your information to or share it with any organisation your account has been or may be transferred to following a restructure, sale or takeover of Evolution Funding Limited or any of our trading styles.
- Anonymised data on previous customer transactions is used to improve the products and services we offer, as well as to understand and improve the accuracy of our underwriting.
Automated decision making
Passing to Credit Reference Agencies, to generate credit searches.
After Transaction Processing
Who the customers data will be shared withFor a full list of who your data has been shared with please email email@example.com we will only be able to provide this data once your transaction has been completed.
We may pass your information to our other Group Companies (listed above), authorised dealers and their technology providers, and other selected providers of our products and services for these purposes
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation (2018)
We are a credit broker not a lender, we will pass information to lenders on our panel.
For more detail on which finance companies are on our panel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not pass your data to other third parties that do not offer our products or services.
Whether the data will be sent overseasEvolution Funding Limited and associated group companies will never send customer data outside the EEA.
How long we and other organisations will keep the dataWe will keep your information for as long as is needed for the purposes set out above or as required by any laws that apply.
If we refuse your application, or you decide not to go ahead with your application, we’ll still keep your information.
Customers RightsAs a customer of Evolution Funding you have the following rights related to your data and how it’s processed:
- The right to be informed – this means we must provide, at the point of collecting your data, a privacy or verbal notice informing you of how your personal information will be used.
- The right to access your personal information – this means that you have the right to know what information we hold on you, and to request a copy of it. This information is provided free of charge.
- The right to get inaccurately recorded information corrected.
- The right to erasure – this means that you can request that your personal data is deleted from our records, also referred to as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- The right to restrict how your personal information is used – this means that you have the right to object to how we use your personal information, including for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your personal information in a legible and transferable format.
- The right to object to the use of your personal information
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling – this means you have the right to refuse to your personal information being used to make a decision based on an automatic process without human intervention
How customers make a complaintShould you wish to make a complaint, you can do so by:
|Letter||Evolution Funding Limited, Thompson Close, Chesterfield, S41 9AZ|
If we do not handle your complaint to your satisfaction within 8 weeks, you have the right of referral to the ICO who act as the data protection arbitrator.
Details of how to contact the ICO are at this web address https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
What we do to keep customers data secureWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
Aggregated site usage statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential site features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complementary site features